Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Accidental Artist...


Whilst walking to the library the other day, I came across a bunch of construction on some apartments opposite my old school. As always there was the scaffolding and fences but this time, they had painted their fences a bright shade of orange and blue...


Pondering this, i wondered what an odd choice of colour for this particular site, and perhaps it was some sort of art work instead, maybe Auckland's sneaky way of trying to bring art to public places (like Scape). I looked for some sort of reasoning behind this. Who was it made by? There was a sign that said Plaster Tech Systems Ltd. This was the company that was fixing the building. But they obviously spent some sort of money and thought into painting this fence...It doesn't seem like something that was just haphazard! Which made me wonder, whoever was made to paint this fence has then become an Accidental Artist. I wonder if they know?


Or maybe, as i always do and is most likely, i'm reading way too much into it! But I snapped a pic for you to enjoy. Thanks Plaster Tech Systems! You really made my day...

Art is the funniest thing innit?

- Agnes

No comments: