Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ze Fair



Spotted: Linden Simmons and Elliot Collins at the Tim Mellville stand oh yeeeeah



And a bit of Saskia Leek at Ivan Anthony

And Anna's beautifully set up stand...


Sneaky preview of the Auckland Art Fair before it opens tomorrow morn.

Have been helping out being general slave girl for the Fair, and it has been surprisingly fun...they take good care of us, giving us free pizza and snacks. In return we make up VIP lanyards for a couple of hours. I'm cheap and have nothing in my fridge at the moment so it's a fair deal for me. I very much heart them.

It's rather strange to be seeing art from the commercial side. Things such as the strict organisation of the Fair and the importance placed on buying and selling are thoughts that don't normally run through my head as I'm making work...Not to say that one doesn't think about the preservation of self once they leave art school, but volunteering in the last couple of days has been enough to rouse a silly art student like me out of their institutional reverie. I guess I can't be pilfering free pizza everyday now can I?

Speaking of such matters, there were a few pieces I spotted that were enough for me to try and survive off of a diet of air chips for the next few months in order to afford. I wonder if they do lay-by...

- Agnes

No comments: