Monday, March 23, 2009

Globetrotting











Although Claudia and I visited the United States over the break, one of our own, Laxmi, went on a very different route of holiday. She traversed back home to India. Asia is an interesting place to be looking at in terms of contemporary art so I was keen to get my hands on her documentation. After enough nagging, I managed to procure some photographs of her visit, including a trip to an Indian Contemporary Art Gallery.

Laxmi always talks about the beautiful saturation of colour in India, something that she continues to explore in her own painting practice. And it's also interesting to see the sculpture being produced as well. The precarious angle of the giant boulder in the 5th picture is my favourite of the bunch, something that I'm exploring in my own drawings as of late. So there you have it, India seems to have something for everyone!

- Agnes

No comments: