Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back from the Bush
















Coffee and Gallery-seeing with Amber meant I finally hauled ass up to Artspace to see the Superflex Exhibition. I unfortunately didnt have enough change to amount to the $2 needed for a 'free beer'. Nor was I carrying a t-shirt around to be screenprinted for free. Such are the things that make me wish that $2 and t-shirts grow on trees.


Amber and I marvelled at the Peter Madden exhibition at Michael Lett, as well as the No Rules: Rediscovering Embroidery exhibition at Object Space. In between, we stopped into Ivan Anthony, Stark White and Whitespace but weren't so moved by the shows there. And were slightly creeped out by the Jill Sorenson drawings.


Along the way, we discussed how apparently 'gold is the new black', the joys of sewing (machine vs hand) and our love of vintage cardigans. Somehow we ended up at Studio Art Supplies where I bought some watercolour paper to do some drawings on over the break. Believe it or not, Agnes DOES paint.


- Agnes



No comments: