Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gallery Hoppin'

Simon! So glad that you could join us in coming to Newcall...

And Thomas, I hope you are as equally excited to be coming as well...


Spot the loitering art students!


A Projector + Cute Flag Screen thing...clever...


Hmm...why so rushed? You seem to have forgotton your door


ANDR.....

Neon = New Pants



Elliot's T shirt that reveals something sneaky in the sun, can you guess what it is?



Surf Food???


More lurking art students outside St Paul Street...look at em all dirty and....arty....overturning road cones and all...












A friend starring in a Digital Design short film (shes the blonde one!)



And Creme Brulee after all our wandering





Why hello there...


and there....


And Goodnight!



Richard Frater at Newcall Gallery as well as the Digital Design students at St Paul Street were the gallery hops of the day.
This is what they say about Richard on the Newcall Gallery Website, because i am feeling lazy i will just highlight the important words so you can get an overview of the exhibition:

Richard Frater's work engages a number of disciplines, while using drawing as its guiding principal. His ongoing interests involve the creation of ephemeral architectural works, and the framing of materials performing live. The ways in which works' temporal natures are made apparent encourages comparison with theatre; here though, the stage-audience divide is minimal, and at times is dissolved. Gesture becomes a direct thread between a work and its audience. The works' origins are found in heterogeneous fields of representation, where one mode of production becomes the raw material for another.

>
I hope that was somewhat helpful.


We reminisced about Elliot's fluorescent tubes (which were the exact same ones that Richard uses in his show) and how we will miss his blue paint room which was so cruelly ripped from our bosom due to third year space needs...we didn't even get time to frolick in the meadows, with the room holding my hand, and I, holding onto it's fluorescent tubing electrical cord, hand and cord, cord and hand, in bowers fair, culling enchanted flowers, through the fields of air...

Alas, we did enjoy the show, but left feeling that we had somehow seen it before...somewhere...Perhaps I had time travelled in my dreams once and arrived at the exact same place only to wake up not really remembering it??

But before i could really think about it too much, off to Digital Design at St Paul Street. Seeing as I do not know much about Digital Design, I will just send you to a link of the first website you get when you google the words 'Digital Design':



I hope that was also very informative.


Thanks to Newcall, St Paul Street, and Ponsonby Food Hall for their services.


- Agnes


p.s. For those of you who haven't noticed (which would really be all of you) I got a new camera! I can no longer blame my crap photography on me sony cybershot but can instead blame it on the fact that i do not know how to use my new dslr. Don't worry, the ol' point 'n snap will still be accompanying me at all times for those days when I have to be undercover and inconspicuous with my snap happiness...

yay for new camera. yay for custard desserts. yay for sunny days. un-yay for the big hole new camera has burnt into wallet.

No comments: